1. On February 14, 2012 – The Red Wings became the first NHL team in history to win 21 straight home games. They passed the Bruins and the Flyers.
2. The following players had milestones for their NHL careers: Henrik Zetterberg-600th game played | Niklas Kronwall-400th game played | Darren Helm-200th game played | Pavel Datsyuck-700th game played | Thomas Holmstrom-1,000th game played
3. Pavel Datsyuk also reached his 700th career point. In this game, he reached a season high of 3 assists (3 points).
4. Captain Niklas Lidstrom became the only player in league history to play 1,550 games for one league during his career and passed Wings legend Alex Delvecchio when he played his 1,550th game. And in case you’re wondering Gordie How played the most games in a Red Wings uniform at 1,687 games.
5. Goalie Joey MacDonald, Jimmy Howard’s backup, is on a four game win streak.