1. According to Dmitry Chesnokov on Twitter @dchesnokov “#KHL SKA’s coach confirmed the club is interested in signing Jets’ goaltender Ondrej Pavelec.”
There goes my 2011-12 fantasy goalie. When Cam Ward started sucking in the season, Ondrej was there to save my team.
2. Funniest Tweet from Adam Proteau @Proteautype “The N.Y. Rangers are 12-1 to win the Stanley Cup next year. John Tortorella is 1-100,000,000 to remain an overheated grumpus.”
Adam is one of the funniest Twitterers I follow and Torts will always be Torts.
3. If you didn’t know, the L.A. Kings won the Stanley Cup last night. The first 8 seed team since 1993-94 to capture the Cup. It was all their first ever Cup since the franchise started. They also had a 10-1 on the road streak, setting the playoff records for the longest road winning streak in one post season!
Always good to see the underdog come out on top!
4. The hockey season may be officially over but we at least have the NHL Awards, the NHL Draft, and the trading frenzy to carry us through for a few more months.
Is it October yet?
5. Kukla’s Korner is reporting that Tomas Holmstrom‘s being brought back to the Red Wings for another season won’t be reveled until July.
I hope he plays one more year. We’ve already lost Lidstrom and the rights to Brad Stuart.