1. On February 14, 2012 – The Red Wings became the first NHL team in history to win 21 straight home games. They passed the Bruins and the Flyers.
2. The following players had milestones for their NHL careers: Henrik Zetterberg-600th game played | Niklas Kronwall-400th game played | Darren Helm-200th game played | Pavel Datsyuck-700th game played | Thomas Holmstrom-1,000th game played
3. Pavel Datsyuk also reached his 700th career point. In this game, he reached a season high of 3 assists (3 points).
4. Captain Niklas Lidstrom became the only player in league history to play 1,550 games for one league during his career and passed Wings legend Alex Delvecchio when he played his 1,550th game. And in case you’re wondering Gordie How played the most games in a Red Wings uniform at 1,687 games.
5. Goalie Joey MacDonald, Jimmy Howard’s backup, is on a four game win streak.
1. The Detroit Red Wings entered the game on a 7-Game winning streak, but fell 7 to 2 against the Canadiens.
2. Montreal scored four goals in their first eleven shots against Jimmy Howard
3. Montreal’s Alexei Emelin scored his first NHL goal
4. Wings #2 goalie, Ty Conklin, replaced Howard after the first intermission
5. Babcock was quoted saying: “I’m not going to look at video on this at all. I’m going to go have a drink, actually, is what I’m going to do. “We were awful; I don’t know what else to tell you. We were that bad, but the night’s over with, and thank God. The clock couldn’t run fast enough. Let’s move on.”
Hat Trick: In hockey means to score 3 goals during the game. Fans will then usually throw hats on the ice at the player’s achievement.
Last night during the Detroit Red Wings
vs Dallas Stars, Red Wing right winger, did just that. His first NHL career hat trick. The 26 year old has been known for his checking skills and as a penalty killer but with Datsyuk, Cleary, & Modano out, he’s stepped up his game and been an offensive player too.
Nicklas Lidstrom, the Detroit Red Wings captain also scored his first NHL career hat trick this season after 19 seasons, the 40 year old added one more list of accomplishments to his belt. That list of accomplishments include 4 Stanley Cups, 6 Norris Trophies and he’s been voted into 10 NHL All-Star games and he’s the only European-born and trained NHL captain to with the Stanley Cup. He’s also gold medal for Sweden in the 2006 Winter Olympic.
And while we’re speaking of hat tricks, I have to give a shout out to my favorite Russian sniper Pavel Datsyuk for his Gordie Howe Hat Trick. A Gordie Howe Hat Trick is a goal, an assist, and a fight all within one game. He is magical with the puck. One second it’s at the end of his stick and the next, it’s at the back of the net.
So congrats to my boys in the Motor City for currently being 2nd in the NHL league. May you make it to the playoffs and win a 12th Stanley Cup.
Watch Patrick Eaves hat trick
Originally posted on www.1065.com